Every manual transmission will eventually need clutch repair. Depending on your year, make, and model, you should start looking at your clutch around 85,000 miles to ensure that everything is working correctly. Here are three signs you may need clutch repair services:
- Slipping Issues – When the clutch plate starts to wear down, it will cause your clutch to slip. The power will not transfer to the transmission, and you will have trouble shifting into a different gear. This is a common issue when you ride the clutch.
- Master and Slave Cylinders Goes Bad – These cylinders have seals and boots on them that wear over time. When they are worn down, they start to leak. When you lose hydraulic fluid from these points, your clutch pedal will stop working effectively.
- Hydraulic Fluid Problems – Your hydraulic fluid should be flushed at least every 100,000 miles. When the fluid is not flushed, it becomes less dense which will make it less effective.
You can count on the team at Andy’s Auto Repair when you need a car or truck repair in Lynnwood. Our team has more 50 years of experience serving people throughout the community. Whether you need maintenance services or are interested in significant repairs, our team is there for you.
Having your check engine light go off can be very stressful for any driver. We have put together a small list of common reasons why your light may have gone off:
- Gas Cap Problems – Before you head to a mechanic to deal with a check engine light, make sure that your gas cap is secured. If you open up your fuel door and discover that you forgot to replace your cap before leaving the gas station, then that is most likely the reason your light went off. Once properly replaced, you may have to take your vehicle to a specialist to turn off the light.
- Oxygen Sensor Issues – When you operate your vehicle, your exhaust releases gases, including oxygen. When the fuel mixture either has too little or too much oxygen in it, there may be a problem with your engine. Most vehicles have an oxygen sensor that will set off the check engine light.
- Spark Plugs Need to Be Replaced – The spark plugs in your vehicle help ensure that it is running correctly by igniting the air and fuel mixture in the engine’s combustion chamber. If they are not working adequately, it can cause poor vehicle performance and eventually set off your check engine light.
Head on over to Andy’s Auto Repair when your check engine light has come on. We offer a wide variety of services, including truck repair in Lynnwood.